We typically provide structural reports, advice and design work on historic buildings, new build in a historic context and domestic work. Our range of services is listed below.
- Full structural engineering design services: drawings, specifications, calculations, construction site visits, working with your architect or as the sole consultant
- Structural appraisal reports, building surveys, measured surveys
- Options appraisals, feasibility studies, 'urgent work' reports
- Structural movement, assessment/monitoring, investigations and strengthening
- Planning, listed building and building regulation consents
- Contract administration
- Foundation repair and design, including piling and underpinning techniques & foundations in 'archaeologically rich ground'
- Earth retaining wall assessment and design
- Bell frame & spire repairs
- Fire damaged structures, timber frame repairs
- Barn conversions, rear extensions, loft conversions
- Structural design for garden structures, often working with a landscape architect
- CDM, Party Wall Act advice & drainage design, including 'sewers for adoption'
- The 'structural engineering side' of Renewable Energy (hydro, biomass, wind & PV in particular)
The above is not exhaustive. Every project and every building is unique. That's part of the fun. Please have a look at some of the case studies, to give a better idea of the range of work undertaken.